Kofax succeeds in Gartner’s RPA research – what does it mean for Derobia users?
Gartner, one of the world’s leading ICT research organizations, has identified the fast-growing global software trend in software robotics (RPA). And no wonder, very much talked about and long-debated digitalization touches so it can find the everyday life of organizations and individuals. Everyone wants to participate in digitalization and see organizations streamlining their processes and making data more widely usable.
The are a number of software robots in the market. Gartner researched and put the RPA solutions in order by the features and the results in performance tests. In this blog, I want to briefly refer to research on Kofax used by Derobia. How Kofax features managed when compared to market leaders, and how did it perform in researchers test use?
In one word: well.
Kofax is one of the strongest and most versatile solutions on the market in terms of features
Features found in modern software robotics solutions were ranked for three uses:
- Required: Automation development, integration features, and a compiled management view of fire can be found in all software under test
- Critical: Component and script libraries used for content, security features, resilience, and resolved erroneous capabilities were identified to the impact of changes made and critical features to make the software robot work
- Secondary: Features, you may not find in the requirements for software robotics, but that can play a significant role in the use of robots: Artificial intelligence/ machine learning (AI / ML), natural language processing (NLP), process automation and text recognition from various sources Optical character recognition (OCR)
It seems that the secondary features play a big role in how well the solution fits different automation needs and how well it scales to different sized needs. And in these, Kofax did particularly well. From OCR, Kofax received a full 5/5 score, and 4.5/5 for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing. Overall, Kofax was among the top ten in nine out of ten categories in terms of features.
Kofax performed in the top three in all user experience tests
The aim of the study was to find the identified total solution suitable for different real-life needs by testing its performance in three different usage tests.
- UI integration – this refers to the transfer of data between applications by an “unattended” robot
- Large-scale data migration – refers to the transfer of data with different components between applications. This scenario is often used with legacy applications to create a solution similar to the API integration when there is no ready-made interface
- Empowerment of knowledge work – how the system frees knowledge workers from routines to more meaningful work.
- In all of these test scenarios, Kofax’s solution was among the top three.
What does this mean for the Derobian customers and users?
After all, from the point of view of Derobia users, the way in which the solution is built is not essential if the solution in itself meets the requirements. But neither is it insignificant either. Everyone is quite happy with the success of the Kofax in the tests, and it gives us confidence that we have chosen a solution partner that builds best tools for intelligent automation and digital business. Our customers already know this.